Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! I disabled my operation system under the vaio care tab

• Please log in to reply

km385

km385

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a sony vaio and it was running slow and in the vaio care tab in the troubleshooting I must of disabled or enabled it and now nothing works...when I restarted my computer my security center is turned off..the connection status is unknown and the audio is not running and the tray that was blue is now white can anyone help???

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Can you get back into Vaio Care and re-enable things?

If not, you can do a System Restore to before you used Vaio Care, that should fix the problem.

Click Start, type system restore then then click on System Restore at the top of the window to get there.

km385

km385

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no im not able to veiw it a window comes up and says The service cannot be started,either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See Option Two here: To Do a System Restore at Boot using System Recovery Options

If that doesn't work, read here: How to Boot to the System Recovery Options in Windows 7. See OPTION TWO
Using a Windows 7 Installation or System Repair Disc.
Select System Restore from there.

Pick a date before you made the changes.