Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 11 problem

• Please log in to reply

artpayne

artpayne

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Can anyone tell me how to re-arrange music files by genre in WMP11? WPM automatically sorts the files and the genres are all wrong. I've been trying to fix it for days but to no avail. Does anyone out there have the answer? It would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Art Payne

Advertisements

Ronwa

Ronwa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Art,

Under Music it shows you your albums, like Status Quo, then under status Quo you have for instance 12 Gold Bars, Vol.1 under that you have Status Quo, under that you Have (your genre) in this case Rock, under that the date 1980.So name your Genre what you want and they will remane under that Genre.

Hope this helps.

Ronwa

artpayne

artpayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ronwa,

Many thanks for your help. The problem I still have is that many of the albums are wrongly classified. e.g. many "Big Band" are classified as "Easy Listening" and some "Jazz" is classified as "Fusion" etc. Is it possible to change this? I guess I could be accused of nit-picking but it would be nice to get it right.

Regards

Art

Ronwa

Ronwa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Art,

You have not said what you are using, will assume windows 7. As said before the Genre is the key to what you want to do.If you have an album that is jazz music then put jazz in the genre. So say you have two albums with jazz music on them, one is called `All that Jazz` and the other is called `Big Jazz` as long as you put Jazz in the genre both albums will be in the same folder.The alphabetical will be sorted by the name of the album, so `All that Jazz` would come before `Big Jazz`, A before B. Once done open media player click open music, click open genre and both albums will be under Jazz.

Hope this helps.

Ronwa.