Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 freezes on resumes

• Please log in to reply

orcybap316

orcybap316

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an ASUS U52F series laptop with an intel i5 and 2x2g ddr3 ram.

A few months ago (nothing big happened) my laptop started to freeze upon resumes. It takes 4-6 hard resets (holding down power) to get it to finally start working. It then works fine until its goes into sleep mode, or gets closed, then the process begins.

It has frozen anywhere between right after password is entered to right after programs start to autoload in windows.
The only troubleshooting ive done is swap the slots the RAM is in but it hasn't fixed the problem.

A friend told me it could be the RAM, but I don't want to spend the money on it if that isn't the problem.

Thanks,

bp

Advertisements

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

I have an ASUS U52F series laptop with an intel i5 and 2x2g ddr3 ram.

A few months ago (nothing big happened) my laptop started to freeze upon resumes. It takes 4-6 hard resets (holding down power) to get it to finally start working. It then works fine until its goes into sleep mode, or gets closed, then the process begins.

It has frozen anywhere between right after password is entered to right after programs start to autoload in windows.
The only troubleshooting ive done is swap the slots the RAM is in but it hasn't fixed the problem.

A friend told me it could be the RAM, but I don't want to spend the money on it if that isn't the problem.

Thanks,

bp

The sleep function is known for causing these sort of problems at times.

Disable it and see if it makes any difference.

baloi

baloi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help whenever I turn on internet my computer freeze everything stop working and I have to unplug power to reset or restart it. Any idea of help

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Please help whenever I turn on internet my computer freeze everything stop working and I have to unplug power to reset or restart it. Any idea of help

Your post doesn't tell us anything really.please provide more info.
1..The OS?
2..Which browser(s) do you use?
3..When did this first start to happen? After an update (driver(s)or installation of a new program perhaps
4..Where you recently infected by malware,and / or have you done any scans for malware?

Please note:İf you have a system restore point from just BEFORE this problem first occurred,restoring to that may solve the problem.

Edited by mysoul, 14 November 2012 - 03:30 AM.