Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bprotector engine has stopped working [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

judylockamy

judylockamy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am unable to download anything new and unable to use anything I have already downloaded. I get this popup all the time. bprotector engine has stopped working and werfault opperations error.

Advertisements

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
Hello judylockamy, welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Cruise475 and I will be helping you with your malware problems! Please be patient with my responses as I have just recently returned from a extended absence from GeeksToGo. This being said, to protect you and help me keep my sanity, I will be having a resident staff member checking my responses before they get to you!

Before we begin, I would like to mention a few things!

• Malware removal is not an instantaneous task, researching the logs our tools create can sometimes be a lengthy process. So I ask, please be patient with me!
  • Read each of my posts PRIOR to following the tasks I ask you to perform.
  • Follow the instructions exactly as I have written them, in the order they were written.
  • If you are unsure how to proceed, are unable to perform any tasks, stop what you are doing and ask me for clarification!
  • It is very important that you stay with me until I give you the all clear! A lack of symptoms does not mean the infection is gone.
  • Please do not attach any logs to your posts unless I specifically request it! It makes my job a lot easier if you copy and paste them into your reply!
  • For the time that we are working together, do not run any tools, install or uninstall any program, or make any changes to your system without my direction. This can hinder the cleaning process, and make it hard to clean your computer!

I have a few questions before we begin!

1) How long ago did this begin?
2) What happens when you try to download something?
3) Are you able to access Safemode with Networking

• Restart your computer
  • As the computer turns on, start taping F8 repeatedly until you get a menu
  • Select Safemode with Networking and press enter.

4) If you are able to get into Safemode with Networking can you download anything?
5) What version of Windows are you using? 32bit or 64bit?
6) If we need to do you have another computer capable of writing CD/DVD's?
7) If we need one, do you have a spare USB drive that we would be able to use?

Please reply back with the answers to my questions so we can get started!

Thanks
Cruise

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.