Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tried to get rid of google redirect but messed up [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hel26

hel26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I tried a couple of videos on our computer that were not online and they worked, but it was only the stock videos and some school project one of my kids made. I don't know what kind of files they were. So I guess my answer is, yes it only happens on firefox, but I'm not sure I would know if it was happening elsewhere

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Could you try following the instructions in the following link:

http://support.mozil...d-video-firefox

hel26

hel26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
That worked. Should I now go back to the place "Now it's time to clear those restore points?" and do those?

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Yep, go ahead. :thumbsup:

hel26

hel26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
ok. I did that and want to do the Malwarebytes scan. Full or quick? (and is that the one I should use all the time?)

I looked into the trusteer rapport but can't figure out the process.

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, hel26.

A Quick Scan is often good enough, but it'd be better if you even have the trial version of MalwareBytes enabled so that it can run in the background and actively protect your system.

As for Trusteer Rapport, if the difficulty is finding out how to go about downloading it, please try the following link:

http://www.trusteer....rusteer-rapport

hel26

hel26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
okay, that worked. Their home page was confusing to me. I guess that's it. I appreciate all your help over these last couple weeks. It's a relief to get that fixed! Again, thank you for your excellent help. hel26 :)

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.