Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Freezing - Malware Tested Clean

• Please log in to reply

hogansan4

hogansan4

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
http://www.geekstogo...nknown-problem/

Hello,

A few days ago, my pc started freezing. I had firefox open, and an online gaming MMO. After running the malware gambit from the link above with Gringo, we have determined that my problem is not malware. He/she suggested I come to the windows forum for some help.

I am typing this from IE, since my problems seem to worsen with firfox open. Currently, the pc sporadically freezes for a few seconds on normal running tasks, such as excel, task manager. I cannot install Java, and my latest windows updates have failed repeatedly over the last few weeks. The updates that have failed are

Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB982726) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553260) 32-Bit Edition
Security Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2597986) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2598289) 32-Bit Edition

I attempted to install them individually after running fixit, and failed with error code 57A.

Advertisements