Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Webcam

• Please log in to reply

ParkerJ

ParkerJ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, thanks for taking the time to help! I'm experiencing issues with my webcam, and I think it has something to do with Windows. The reason I say this is because a few weeks back I had to perform a system restore on my laptop which wiped out pretty much everything on my system including basic things that came with Windows when I initially purchased the computer. What I need to do is get back the webcam software, or whatever came with my Gateway NV59C that made it easy to use the built in webcam. If it helps to explain, it would usually pop out from the side of my screen and was silver... Hopefully this is enough information, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Parker

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The easiest way to resolve this is to restore the laptop to it's factory new state. Make sure you save any data before you do this as it will be wiped out during the recovery.

Following is from their FAQ

Q: How do I reinstall the Operating System on the computer?

A: Select models have the ability to have the operating system reinstalled from a hidden drive built into the computer. To start the system recovery:

Restart the computer.
When the Gateway logo appears on the screen, press the Alt and F10 keys repeatedly.
When prompted with a boot screen, hit the Enter key.
After the system recovery program has loaded, follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

If the ability to reinstall from the previous method is not available or fails during the recovery, recovery of the operating system will need to be from Recovery Media.

Insert the disk labeled System CD into the computer's disk drive and restart the computer.
When the Gateway logo appears on the screen, press the F12 key repeatedly.
Select either CDROM or DVD as the boot device, this may vary depending on the system.
When prompted for the Recovery CD, remove the System CD and insert the Recovery CD.

Note: If there are multiple Recovery CDs, please insert the first Recovery CD.

After the system recovery program has loaded follow the prompts to reinstall the operating system.

Note: If you do not have a set of Gateway Recovery Media you may purchase recovery media online.

Once that is done, install SP1 if it's not included than all updates before doing anything else.