Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with javaw.exe when running disk

• Please log in to reply

globaljoe

globaljoe

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hello, I have been trying to run some training software from DVD drive in my HP desktop running XP, this is software I have used previously with no problems, but now will not run. The program appears to load ok, and accepts my login but then just freezes up, I can't even close the window, I have tried the backup disk for this program with the same results.
I have to close the window through ctrl/alt/del, to bring up windows task manager then click on applications and select 'end task', which still does not close the program, I get another pop-up window telling me that the program is not responding, I now have to click on 'end now' which does close the program, I now get a pop-up window, saying: javaw.exe you chose to end the non responsive program javaw.exe please tell microsoft about this problem, so, I click on the error report link and get javaw.exe error signature:
szAppName: javaw.exe szAppVer: 7.0.50.5
szModName: hungapp
szModVer:0.0.0.0. offset: 00000000.
I then click on the link "View technical info about the error report" which gives: "The following files will included on this error report C:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\TEMP\WER4db9.dir 00\appcompat.txt.
I have also tried this disk in my Vista laptop with the same results, can anyone throw any light on this problem?.

Advertisements