Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Constant Game Crashes

• Please log in to reply

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I wouldn't really say constant, but it happens nearly every time I play one of two games: Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2.

Specs: (copied and pasted)
Spoiler

For TF2 I can play for a little while, then the screen goes weird (black, red and white bars, different things happen) and the audio loops.
For Borderlands 2 I play for a little while again, and then I get blue and white bars while the audio doesn't loop. I can't ctrl+alt+del or alt+tab out of either when it happens. I have to hold down the power button until the computer shuts off.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Advertisements

Zibbiezone

Zibbiezone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Oh and also, I've tried updating my graphics card drive to the recommended one for Borderlands 2, which is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850, and it just will not work. I keep downloading drive checkers from amd.com and they all run, check, and say I need AMD Catalyst Mobility. Then when it tries to instal it, it says that there is something not working with my software/hardware.