Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random restarts/crashes

• Please log in to reply

Germs

Germs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So when starting my computer up, after the windows 7 "Welcome" screen it will either crash/restart right then or after a few minutes of running, after this i can hear by the fans inside cutting off/on that it is trying to restart but failing and only starts up again if you leave it off for a few seconds.

Posting this whilst in safe mode as it runs without any crashes, i had this problem a few months ago, i simply switched extensions leads and which socket in the wall i plugged it into, and to my surprise it worked fine for months, until now.

I tried using a different GPU as i was told that might be the problem, but it didn't work. I also tried using a different hard drive, it worked fine for a few hours, crashed several times in a row and now its been working for 30mins or so.

Specs:
Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X4 970 (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3) - BLACK EDITION
Motherboard ASUS® M4A87TD/USB3: DUAL DDR3,SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
Memory (RAM) 4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
1GB AMD RADEON™ HD 6870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Power Supply CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU

Advertisements