Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

nad92

nad92

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I have had a Blue Screen repeatedly appear on my laptop, followed by it shutting down. This happens several times a day, and often within minutes of restarting. Please help! I'm unsure of how to fix this. It happens often when im watching films/videos online. I realise i'm being vague, but i'm not sure what else to add here regarding this issue. I think it maybe an issue with the USB drive, as messages about that frequently appear with the Blue Screen.

Any help is welcome!

Nadia

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: nad92

For research purposes can you provide the brand and model name or number of the notebook.

Can you also tell us what OS you are using, XP, Vista or Windows 7 or 8 for example, this information may help us to obtain the messages that you get on your screen.

nad92

nad92

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome: nad92

For research purposes can you provide the brand and model name or number of the notebook.

Can you also tell us what OS you are using, XP, Vista or Windows 7 or 8 for example, this information may help us to obtain the messages that you get on your screen.

Hi,

Here is the information you have asked for:

Samsung-PC
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System type: 64-bit Operating System

I apologise if i have missed anything out, but i think that may be everything.

Thank you for your help!

Nadia

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi nad92

Can you disable the automatic restart using the guide at the attached link http://pcsupport.abo...t-windows-7.htm
If and when the notebook next blue screens, make a note of the on screen message and post it with your next reply, please disregard any other product or service at the link.