Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Budget Gaming Laptop

• Please log in to reply

thinkpink87

thinkpink87

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am looking for a laptop that's less than $750 that can run some PC games.

First, let me start by saying I am not looking into an expensive amazing laptop that is off the charts. This past spring/summer I built a desktop for my boyfriend so he could play all the games he wants.

What I am looking for is a laptop that would be (mainly) used for basic things, but also has the specs that can decently run games. I am interested to try to learn some PC games to play with my boyfriend, and since we can't be on the same computer, we need to get a second. My laptop just died.. so ideally I would like a laptop for the convenience.

The biggest dilemma I am having at the moment is with the CPUs. I went on and looked at system requirements for games like SC2 and Diablo III to get an idea, but when reading in some forums, a lot of people are claiming less powerful CPUs could run the games just fine. Right now he has been playing LOL, which isn't as demanding.. but I'm looking for a machine that could potentially support future games as well.

So, I guess what I am asking is :

-How important is CPU speed? -Intel vs AMD? -I know the GPU should have dedicated memory, is there a certain amount I should be looking for? -Does anyone have an inexpensive laptop that they game on?

If anyone could help me, I would be very thankful!!!

Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
:welcome: thinkpink87

Has everything that you need http://www.tigerdire...8570&CatId=4935 or the less expensive http://www.amazon.co...minglaptops0-20

InnovativeNERD

InnovativeNERD

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Gateway Fx 350 on amazon/...\\\