Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow PC and HOw To access DVD

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
An older family friend bought a new ACER PC against my advice which has WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM on it. I knew he would be calling constantly as this system is too unfamiliar to him and at his advanced age, simple things are problematic. First question; are all WIN7 PC's extremely slow? I am running XP PRO and everything is quite fast with an older pc. Second question, he called because he doesn't know how to access his DVD drive. Right now I can't help him because I don't have a WIN7 pc to look at. Is My computer on his desktop or should I tell him to look elsewhere. Right now he is limited to starting the pc using the Windows symbol at the bottom left. Please help save me some time and road mileage I really don't want to drive an hour to find out it is something easy that I can tell him to do over the telephone.

Advertisements

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
To your first question the answer is a definite no!

To access his DVD drive,all he has to do is double click the '' Computer'' icon

on the desktop.İt should be there

This FREE e-book should be helpful for him http://www.thewindow...ners-free-ebook

Edited by mysoul, 31 October 2012 - 08:20 AM.

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
Thanks so much for the help. I am hoping the E Book will be a turn to guide instead of a telephone call to me.

mysoul

mysoul

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Thanks so much for the help. I am hoping the E Book will be a turn to guide instead of a telephone call to me.

You're welcome Janis.
İ'm sure he'll find the ebook interesting.
İt will be best for him and easier for you.