Aye lets start again... I have run all these programmes on my XP system.
Delete all the programmes you have downloaded from the desktop so we have a clean space to work
to the desktop
Run and install the programme
As it installs this page will show, deselect the AVG ticks
Press decline and it will then install cleanly
Download the following files to the desktop .. Right click the links and select save as...then select desktop Iso2disc OTLPE_standard
Right click OTLPE on your desktop and select ..Open as archive
Select OTLPE standard
Click Extract, ensure that desktop is selected
Insert the USB stick
Then run ISO2disc
Select the ISO file on the desktop.
Select Burn to USB Flash Drive .
Press Start Burn
When the burn has finished
- Reboot your system using the boot USB you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from USB follow the steps here
- As the USB needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads
- Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.
Note : as you are running from USB it is not exactly speedy
- Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
- Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location
- When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
- When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
- Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
- OTL should now start.
- Press Run Scan to start the scan.
- When finished, the file will be saved in drive C:\OTL.txt
- Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system.
- Right click the file and select send to : select the USB drive.
- Confirm that it has copied to the USB drive by selecting it
- You can backup any files that you wish from this OS
- Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.