Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Foxit pdf reader problem

• Please log in to reply

redx

redx

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,
I use Foxit Reader to open my pdf's but am having a very annoying problem with it.

The problem always occurs when using the "marquee" tool to copy a section of a pdf to clipboard Whenever I drag the mousepointer over the area at normal speed, or if I make a sudden movement with it the Foxit program freezes up and also freezes my pc as well. The only way to get out of this pc freeze up then is to power off. I would like to use the marquee feature without having this issue.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem please?

redx.

Advertisements

sherlock0304

sherlock0304

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I did not encounter this problem when I use Foxit pdf reader. You can download the latest version to have a try

redx

redx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks sherlock,

It was actually the latest version of foxit that was causing the crashes. I solved the problem by reverting back to an earlier version, so all is ok now.

Cheers,
redx