Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Aspire won't boot, just get black screen. Tried taking memory

• Please log in to reply

Aspire5517

Aspire5517

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Two days ago the screen on my Acer Aspire 5517 notebook all of a sudden froze up. It displayed horizontal lines across the screen and I had to force restart. After it happened again yesterday I did another force restart and this time it wouldn't even boot. I did a flash boot earlier and that worked at first but the screen froze up again 15 minutes later. I'm not sure if this is a memory issue or if I have a faulty system board, or something else. Any assistance you could provide would be most appreciated.

Also I should mention what I have tried: checked for loose screen connections and everything looked normal. Tried hooking up to external monitor and got nothing. But since screen worked earlier when I flash booted I know it's not a screen issue. Subsequent attempts to flash boot have failed. Have also tried booting without battery and with only one memory module and still have not been able to boot. Computer is only two years old and have not had any issue with it.

Advertisements