Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Google Search Results page jumps up and down

• Please log in to reply

Denisejm

Denisejm

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hi

I have windows xp pro x64. I haven't installed any new programs, drivers, updates recently but about a week ago, whenever I do a search using Google, the page jumps up and down when I click to open a result so that I'm chasing it up and down with my mouse. I've Googled the problem but there are no results for this problem (ironic, huh? . . .tehee). Anyway . . . it's driving me crazy!

I've run about 8-10 antivirus/malware programs (SuperAntispyware, Avast, AVG, Spybot, BitDefender, IObit Malware Fighter, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, etc) but they didn't find anything except for occasional cookies.

Anyone have any ideas how to stop this bouncing effect?

Edited by Denisejm, 02 November 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Sorry I don't use google as it is very limited in what it will show as results. Have you thought of using Metacrawler instead? Metacrawler searches the search engines Google, Yahoo and others so you get more thorough results. But it will still display results from google only if you prefer.

It's here-see if it helps:

www.metacrawler.com

Edited by househeart, 02 November 2012 - 01:32 PM.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Thanks for the suggestion for Metacrawler. I'm gonna check it out but I'd also like to know if there's a fix for the problem, or to find out what's causing it.

Edit: I just checked out Metacrawler. It gave me a few pages that address the prob when using Google Chrome. I use IE so still no answer to the prob. Someone suggested that maybe the mouse might be worn out or the battery is failing (if cordless) but they didn't help me. Just thought I'd add this into to this thread in case someone else is experiencing this problem.

I like Metacrawler, tho, so I'm going to use it from now on. The search result links don't bounce up and down when I move my pointer over them.

Thanks, househeart.

I'd be interested in knowing if anybody has a fix for the problem or knows what might be causing it.

Edited by Denisejm, 02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM.