Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Issues

• Please log in to reply

senkai

senkai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Occasionally while playing games I lose connection to game servers, this would be easily explained, except when I do I also lose connection to Ventrilo and I cannot navigate to web pages. However during this time I can ping to any website via CMD with zero loss of packets. Because of this ability to ping I know it isn't a DNS issue. I also know it isn't due to a firewall because I have tried turning off my antivirus/firewalls during this time. I have also ensured that all ports pertaining to affected software are open.

I am running Windows 7 Home Edition with completely updated drivers and automatic updates.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what else I could do to get to the bottom of this?

Advertisements