Congratulations and Good Work, It looks like your log is clean.
Now for some final "housekeeping" procedures.
1. Clear Old Restore Points
- Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
- In the left pane, click System protection. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Under Protection Settings, click Configure.
- Under Disk Space Usage, click Delete.
- Click Continue, and then click OK.
- Open OTL
- Click the CleanUp button at the top, it will ask to reboot your PC, please allow it to do so
- Delete the current copy of ComboFix on your desktop
- Download a fresh copy from here to your desktop
- Hold down the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will display the Run dialogue box
- In the Run box, type in ComboFix /Uninstall (Notice the space between the "x" and "/") then click OK
- Follow the prompts on the screen
- A message should appear confirming that ComboFix was uninstalled
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Anti Malware Protection ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware This is an excellent Anti-Malware product. It offers free malware scanning, free malware removal, and free updates. It is recommended to periodically run a Quick Scan to keep your PC as clean as possible. Remember to check for updates before running a scan, so click the Update tab along the top, then click Check for Updates.
SUPERAntiSpyware Is another great Anti-Malware product that scans your computer for known Spyware, Adware, Malware, Trojans, and many other types of threats, and allows you to remove or quarantine them. It offers daily (manual) definition updates, as well as home page hijack protection and customizable scan options.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Free Antivirus Protection ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Always make sure you have an antivirus program! If for some reason in the future you'd like to switch programs here are some recomendations: Microsoft Security Essentials, Anti-Vir or Avast! Antivirus all three FREE to use. Please remember that you can only have one Antivirus installed at a time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Free Firewall Programs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like antivirus, if for some reason in the future you'd like to switch, Comodo Personal Firewall and Sunbelt Personal Firewall are two good options for a FREE firewall to help protect your computer from any unwanted intruders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Staying Updated ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping your PC updated is important to protect yourself against future infections. There are many infections which will exploit loopholes within Windows itself, Java and Adobe Reader. Keeping these updated is a very good habit to get into.
Automatic Updates Updates to your Operating System are vital in closing loopholes and fixing bugs which some infections exploit. To keep your Windows updated, ensure that 'Automatic Updates' is enabled on your PC so updates are downloaded and installed automatically. Click here to find out how.
File Hippo Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programs on your system need updating and give a download link.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Alternate Browsers ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Using an alternative web browser can help protect your PC from infections which exploit security holes within Internet Explorer. They can also be quicker to load pages and offer more tools and features such as Firefox's huge add-on list.
Firefox - My personal choice, easy to use and has a large number of excellent add-ons that can be installed to help keep you away from malicious sites and reduce advertisements and popups etc. AdBlockPlus and WOT are very useful add-ons that are worth having installed.
Google Chrome - Is another browser that's easy to use and is worth trying if you want to test out new browsers.
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place?