Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus.Win64.ZAccess.b [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ysgramor

Ysgramor

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Friends,

I saw that you solved similiar problem before. I hope you'll solve mine too.

I did what Essexboy's said in his first reply. I Scanned with "OTL and aswMBR" but i didn't get "Extra.txt" (I don't know why?)

These are the log files, i hope you can help.

Take Care.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hello Ysgramor and welcome to Geeks to Go. I am sorry that you are having troubles with your computer and will try my best to help you. I know that being infected is very frustrating, but I will be here to help you through the whole process of cleaning. Removing malware can be difficult and complicated and will most likely take many steps, so please stick with me until I have declared your computer clean. I always recommend printing my instructions before following them in case you cannot keep this webpage open. Please be sure to alway follow all steps exactly as they are written and let me know what happens each time. Stop and ask if something unexpected happens or if you are unsure of how to proceed.

Please note that I am currently in training as a GeekU Senior. My posts must be reviewed by an instructor, so there may be a slight delay.

I am currently reviewing your logs and will post back soon with some instructions. Don't worry about the Extras.txt for now, we will get one later.

Ysgramor

Ysgramor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you mate, i have to be patient, i know. Now I'm waiting for you. Thanks for interest.

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi Ysgramor,

I am sorry to imform yout that you have a ZeroAccess backdoor infection.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of its backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. There is no way for us to know exactly what the malware has done to your machine to give itself access, nor how it may have damaged critical files.
Additionally, it is quite possible that changes made to the system by the malware may impact negatively on your computer during the removal process. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best and safest course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

That being said, I can still help you clean out the malware as best as I can without going that route (though there is no guarantee that it will work right or be totally safe after disinfection), so if you decide that you don't want to do a format and reinstall of Windows, then please let me know in your next post.

Ysgramor

Ysgramor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think so, formatting will be best way. I haven't got any problem with hackers but i have to format fastly. Don't spend your time if you want too.

After formatting, I'll protect my computer with programs which you suggest. Thanks for your efforts and help.

Take Care.

Buddierdl

Buddierdl

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,524 posts
Hi Ysgramor,

Don't spend your time if you want too.

It is not a matter of me wanting to take time to clean your computer. I just feel that it is my duty to let you know what is involved so that you can make an informed decision based on your personal circumstances.

After formatting, I'll protect my computer with programs which you suggest. Thanks for your efforts and help.

If you have decided to format, I can advise you along the way if you need help or instructions. I will definitely be glad also to provide you with some security advice. Let me know.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.