Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinXPSP3 windows wireless unable to find certificate to log you on the

• Please log in to reply

temmari

temmari

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
i need help.
ive been having this issue with the few winxp laptops in my office.
im connecting it to a wireless with the sec setup:
WPA2-PSK
AES
SSID hidden

It cannotconnect at all.

Pls help.
Winsock reset helped once but not applicable to all winxp laptops.
any setting i need to change for this specific issue?

thank you.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi temmari, and welcome to the forum, Sorry to hear of the issues with connecting to the Internet via wireless...
Here's some "first aid" suggestions for you:

1 Allow the broadcast of the SSID...remember that basic security of your connection relies more upon the encryption you use... and the "benefit" of hiding the SSID is largely illusory.
2 Older laptops may not be able to use WPA 2 encryption...you could try it with WPA encryption using TKIP and see if this does the trick for you...( remember passwords ARE case sensitive)
3 Are you sure that your wireless network adaptor is enabled and has the correct drivers installed?
4 Can your computer "see" your network SSID when you set this to be broadcast?
Post back if you need detailed instructions on any point..tell us where you are stuck and we will do our best to help.
Regards
paws