Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS word corrupt file, need help

• Please log in to reply

KalOwns

KalOwns

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I've been working on a math project, there are almost 10 pages of different problems, solutions, and equations. Now I get this error

Posted Image

The problem is only in THAT word file, all other word files work perfectly fine. So, what I tried to do is: First I downloaded Stellar Phoenix Word Recovery, both the trial and cracked version, But it said that the format was invalid. Then I tried to do a system restore to the time the word file was not corrupted. I had a recovery file. Both the original file, and the recovery file were corrupted.

If it helps any, I am using Windows 7, and MS Word 2010 with the red bar at the top that says "Product Activation Failed". I have 8 gigs ram, core i7 sandy bridge processor... I don't know how that information is even relevant, just trying to provide it in case you need it...

So yeah I'd do anything to recover my word file, and thanks in advance for your help ^^

Edited by KalOwns, 03 November 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Advertisements

KalOwns

KalOwns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
BUMP

KalOwns

KalOwns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
BUMP i really need that word file ...

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
KalOwns,

I can see how that would be really frustrating. I don't know how to fix this, but I was able to find some similar problems online, and there is a tool you can try. I found this at the Microsoft Answers site, and while I don't normally send people to another site for help, this sounds like a good first step to try. See the instructions here. Let me know if it works, and good luck.

sari

KalOwns

KalOwns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I can't believe this actually worked!! Thank you very much, Sari!!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Great- I'm glad it worked for you, and thank you for letting me know.

VanessaGilbert

VanessaGilbert

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Stellar Phoenix Word Repair empowers you to repair the damaged MS Word files including MS Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 to their original formats.The software repairs corrupt Word files having '.doc' or '.docx' extensions. It performs safe repair of MS Word files by preserving the original text, fonts, images, and headers/footers of the documents. The tool repairs doc/docx files that are inaccessible, or start repagination automatically, or show unreadable characters.

I think it very useful and want to recommend it to you guys. Stellar Phoenix Word Repair Promo Codes is reachable on IfCoupons.com.