Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet link problem

• Please log in to reply

bondipj

bondipj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a persistent problem: I lose the internet link in my home, wifi and thru the ethernet cable, on laptop, phone and tablet. I have had no problems for 8 months that I have been living here but it has become frequent in recent weeks.
In all instances, the phone laptop tablet all say that I am connected to my network, with a strong signal. The modem's lights are all one and everything looks normal but I can't access the net.

It seems to happen overnight so when I get up there is no link although it has been happening at other times of the day as well.

If I reboot modem, the connection comes back.

One day last week the phone and tab both lost internet link although icons suggested all was Ok yet the laptop was OK and I carried on working. Eventually the phone and tab re-connected with no intervention from me.

So, that is it. The line coming into the flat is Ok as far as I can tell. I live in Italy and getting help from Telecom Italia is hard but the fact that when the connections are all OK I get an excellent, fast internet service.

My guess, as a complete tech clutz, is that there is something wrong with the modem.

Would that be on the right track?

Regards
Bondipj

l

Advertisements