Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hey guys got a booting question

• Please log in to reply

musicluva

musicluva

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
:confused: i have a hp g60 laptop from about 3 years ago and i think it is running vista home premium. Here is my situation my screen is almost completely unvisable except for about a inch or so and i downloaded i have put the iso file or windows vista home premium on it to install it on it because it has no version on it it got erased so is there any way to make an sd card that will automatically boot without having to go into the bios to make it boot ? like is there a way say i already have the vista home premium on my sd card is there any way to make it auto boot it self or something simple like that any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
First, you can't boot from an SD card, but you can boot from a USB flash drive or external hard drive. There is no easy way to create a installable vista USB flash or DVD that will do a fully automated install.

Second, what's the point of doing this if you can't see anything on the laptop. Either hook up an external display or replace the one on the laptop.