Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0X0000001A

• Please log in to reply

bunnyhunches

bunnyhunches

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a brand spankin new Toshiba lap top with Windows 7. I have to operate in safemode with networking. Blue screen 0X0000001A and 0X0000000A have been showing up in regular mode within the first few seconds.

I recently used my computer on an airplane's wifi and im not sure if it improperly connected to some external memory device causing the problems. I have no idea if this caused anything.

Advertisements

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

brand spankin new Toshiba lap top

Happy to help; that error code many times refers to memory problems, but no guarantee. I gather your lap was running fine until you WiFi'd in an airport. Right? Wrong?
My suggestion is to take it back to where you purchased it. I am sure it is still under some kind of warranty, and short of a virus infection (which is possible) that just shouldn't happen with a new unit. You can fuss & fiddle with it until past warranty period and then it is your financial problem. Right now, legally, it is theirs. Just a suggestion.