Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

K52F ASUS Laptop won't start up (Win 7)

• Please log in to reply

baddagger10

baddagger10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had just downloaded a software program (Movie Magic trial version) and when it went to restart it froze up on me (I had iphone charging on laptop and disconnected it). When I went to restart all I get is the ASUS logo and the screen goes blank, doesn't try to load drivers, etc. I have a recovery disk and will let me pick the last start up prior to installing the software but it never restarts properly, just goes to a blank screen.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisements

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
It sounds like your MBR took a hit; try a system restore from fresh boot. On my Asus board I tap F4 from boot, and choose system restore (or words to that effect), then choose the closest restore date before you installed the program. You can also try "Last Known Good Configuration", that might do it also.