Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backdoor.MSIL.Pgen and others [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi tenrii,

Sorry for delay. How is your system now? Do you have the same problem now?

Advertisements

tenrii

tenrii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hi tenrii,

Sorry for delay. How is your system now? Do you have the same problem now?

No. I do have a few weird issues like Microsoft Security Essential's real-time protection being off every time I turn on my computer again, and I'm still not sure where that 6GB of space ran off too, but other than that my system is working fine.

EDIT: It's just taking longer to turn on, I guess. I gave MSE an extra twenty seconds and it starts up fine now. I guess I just remembered it happening quicker.

Edited by tenrii, 28 December 2012 - 01:42 AM.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi tenrii,

I don't see any infection on your system now. There is nothing to remove. If you don't have any issues while using you system I would say that your system is clean now.

tenrii

tenrii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Actually, I'm having some weird startup issues but I'm not sure if they're connected to any sort of malware, just that it's a possibility. After I log in the screen is entirely black with only a mouse cursor for about five minutes, before it starts like normal. Additionally, MSE will sometimes be running but will not show up in the tray on the taskbar. This might be a driver issue as I did attempt to update my sound drivers, but I did a System Restore after that to remove it as they did not work properly.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
I understand but there is nothing we can do here. If you have problems with your system and drivers please open new topic in Windows Vista™ and Windows 7™. Explain your problem and give them link to this topic. Also tell them that you are clean now.

I hope there are guys that can help you better with system problems then me.

tenrii

tenrii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I understand but there is nothing we can do here. If you have problems with your system and drivers please open new topic in Windows Vista™ and Windows 7™. Explain your problem and give them link to this topic. Also tell them that you are clean now.

I hope there are guys that can help you better with system problems then me.

I understand. I only wanted to check in because some of the things I googled said it could be virus/malware related.

Thank you for all your help.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi tenrii,

I hope you will solve your problem. Goodbye and stay safe!

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.