First of all, some of my specs:
- Asrock z75 pro3 motherboard; Intel HD Graphics 4000 (onboard)
- AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (dedicated)
What I want: I would like for my pc to only use my dedicated graphics, and never the onboard ones. However, I can't get this to work.
- My pc recognizes both adapters and is trying to use Virtu MVP in order to use both at the same time. For those of you unfamiliar with the program, basicly whenever I try to start a game/program that's recognized by Virtu MVP, it'll switch from my Intel to the AMD graphics. This seems to fail me for quite a few games, which is why I'd like to turn off the Intel graphics all together.
Why I cant fix this myself:
- I've tried changing bios settings from onboard to PCI-E and plug my monitor into the dedicated graphics card -> Black screen.
- I've tried disabling my onboard adapter in Windows, restarted pc, plugged monitor in onboard -> uses onboard. Plugged monitor in dedicated -> Black screen.
- I've tried uninstalling all drivers, disabling onboard adapter, unplugging dedicated card, setting Bios to PCI-E, shut down pc. Plugged in dedicated card, same thing as above.
Basicly whatever I try: Either; I get a black screen and I'm forced to unplug my dedicated card alltogether to force my pc to use onboard graphics -or- it uses onboard graphics automaticly.
Remember: My pc does recognize the graphics card and I have played games on it before, I've just never been able to actually get visual by plugging my monitor into the dedicated card.
Thank you in advance, this is killing me.
Edited by Endiction, 10 November 2012 - 06:02 AM.