Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop plays in slow motion when playing online games

• Please log in to reply

obsidianx

obsidianx

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I have an HP DV7t quad edition. Whenever I try playing a game online it plays fine for about 3 minutes then everything starts moving in slow motion. This happens even when the graphics are set to low settings.

Computer Stats are the following:
RAM: 8GB
Processor: i7-2630qm
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 6570
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint MP4 640GB
Internet: Cable (~10Mbps)

I have run disk cleanup, disk defrag, and autoruns. I have checked for any spyware or viruses and come up empty. I have noticed that the laptop seems to get hot when I start playing. I have fan speed set to run cooler and try to monitor the temp with speedfan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

obsidianx

obsidianx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Yeah a better laptop would help. I had a heat sink issue and the fan on the video card was not working. After it has been replaced it seems to work better. Thank you for the suggestions.