Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD bugcheck code 0x124

• Please log in to reply

thephilosophist

thephilosophist

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Geeks to Go!

Recently I bought a new HD 7850 GPU for my computer.

I have been getting frequent 0x124 BSODs since I installed it (but also before I bought the card...), and research tells me that it points to a hardware problem. I am hoping it's not a problem with the GPU as the RMA process can be annoying...here are my computer specs and the steps I have taken so far.

CPU: AMD FX 4100 Quad Core
RAM: 8gb
PSU: CoolerMaster 500w
GPU: HD 7850
Motherboard: Gigabite M68MT-S2

I bought a new 500w power supply (which should be sufficient - my brother uses the same components with no problem).
I ran memtest86 for about 11 hours overnight, going through 6 passes with no errors.
I removed the CD drive because I don't use it and it's one more thing I can rule out.
My graphic drivers and BIOS are fully updated.

As of right now I am using my old GPU, a HD 6670. The problem is, I have encountered similar BSODs before I bought the 7850.

Using the WhoCrashed program, these are the crash analyses. All the crashes in November are from the HD 7850 and everything else is with the old 6670.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

On Sun 11/11/2012 6:12:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown () 
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007FBB028, 0xB0800000, 0xC0E0F)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA). 
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown . 
Google query: Unknown WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

On Thu 11/8/2012 4:28:36 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110712-15007-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B094C) 
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007FC98F8, 0x0, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA). 
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue. 
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Thu 11/8/2012 1:05:39 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\110712-12885-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B094C) 
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007F8F038, 0x0, 0x0)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Tue 10/16/2012 3:31:38 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\101512-16161-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7EFC0) 
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF100094EE478, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880049AE80D, 0x7)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 

On Sat 9/8/2012 2:57:12 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090712-12308-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0) 
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF1000B19E478, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800580680D, 0x7)
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 

On Thu 9/6/2012 1:08:55 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090512-14835-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B) 
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8006A8B028, 0xF0800000, 0xC0E0F)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Sun 9/2/2012 4:26:35 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090212-15428-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B) 
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007FE7028, 0xB0800000, 0xC0E0F)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time. 

On Sat 9/1/2012 12:43:42 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\083112-11980-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B09CC) 
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80075A28F8, 0x0, 0x0)

On Sat 8/25/2012 4:02:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082512-13166-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0) 
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF1000B44E478, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800595E80D, 0x7)

Edited by thephilosophist, 11 November 2012 - 12:40 PM.

Advertisements

thephilosophist

thephilosophist

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just got another BSOD with my old card...this one is different.

On Thu 11/15/2012 3:29:43 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown () 
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x31, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88002F65180, 0x2)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval. 
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: Unknown . 
Google query: Unknown CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

Any help would be greatly appreciated.