Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Folder error due to MP4

• Please log in to reply

Jhazon

Jhazon

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I am running Windows XP

Whenever I attempt to open a folder with video files, I get an error. I have determined the MP4 file that is the error but I can't find a way to remove it (I have attempted to use a variety of different programs to gain access and delete the file with no success). The file is the Mythbuster file below...

Posted Image

Below is the error...
Posted Image

With in the error, it say the error is related to "C:\DOCUME~1\Alpha\LOCALS~1\Temp\b7ab_appcompat.txt"

Even when I use my FTP program to access the folder it displays a message: "List index out of bounds (0)"

I will be fine just to remove the file as I am near sure that this will solve the problem.

Edited by Jhazon, 11 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
Try unlocker to remove the file.
http://www.filehippo...nload_unlocker/

Jhazon

Jhazon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
unlocker finds the issues... but when I attempted to "kill the process" or delete, it has gone to a small progress window and moving extremely slow... might be still working, here's hoping.

Should I "unlock" or "kill the process"??

Edited by Jhazon, 11 November 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Jhazon

Jhazon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
What gives!!! Thankfully I decided to stop process... it was moving my entire drive (Slave Drive) to the recycle bin!!!! What kind of two-bit program is the Unlocker Program!! I have files on my Slave that are 8 years of research projects! Heck, I will just delete crypt folder and lose the few dozen videos versus lossing my entire slave drive content!!

I have jumped over the "corrupt zone" in the folder and save a few files... then simply deleted the entire folder with the corrupt file... problem solved. Also, remove that crazy Unlocker program.

Edited by Jhazon, 11 November 2012 - 04:33 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
Hey stuff happens Glad your issue is resolved. :)

Jhazon

Jhazon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Wow... what a mess! Any fold, that is four(4) folders deep is gone! I am so fortunate that I did a backup on an external drive earlier this week but now it is a headache to determine what is truly missing.

Unlocker is a program to avoid!! Seriously... take caution, avoid this program!