Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mshtml.dll latest version for Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP Service

• Please log in to reply

AllSolutions

AllSolutions

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Many applications in my system (Internet Explorer 8, Yahoo Messenger, Skype 10) are crashing and error details shows module name mshtml.dll. I checked the version of mshtml.dll in system32 folder. It is 8.0.6001.19170.

My Internet Explorer version is 8.0.6001.18702. I am not concerned about crash of IE, because I generally use Firefox, but how do I solve the crashes in other applications, which are due to mshtml.dll?

I have moved to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bit). I have tried to update Internet Explorer 8 (from Tools->Windows Update), but again it crashes. Also tried to reset IE to default settings, and Microsoft FixIt 50195 and 50196.

I can not migrate to IE 9, as it requires Vista or Windows 7. I have applied Cumulative Security update for IE8, which has this file name: IE8-WindowsXP-KB2618444-x86-ENU.exe

I could not get much info from Microsoft sites or Google. I do not want to use Automatic Updates feature of Windows.

Can somebody give the download links for mshtml.dll and any associated files, which I can replace in system32 folder?

Thanks.

Advertisements