Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Xbox 360 wired controller for PC problem

• Please log in to reply

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Just got it today, and when i play fifa 13, the controller changes from player 1 to player 2 by itself, sometimes the green ring blinks and the USB connect sound is made. How do i fix it?

Advertisements

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Any help guys?? Now after installiing and uninstalling the official MS drivers/reg clean etc, the controller doesnt change to player 2 by itself anymore, now it just disconnects and reconnects randomly.

johnny15

johnny15

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
have you checked your usb cable? if you are using a usb hub try withought it, sometimes it doesn't connect well..
try also to calibrate your gamepad from control panel :D
hope i helped

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
At one point I had a Logitech controller connected to an USB hub and it kept unplugging itself so if it is your case try connecting to an USB plug in the back of your desktop so it as a direct access to your USB port. This applies to wired and wireless controllers.

LordOblivion

LordOblivion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Its connected directly into my PC, but still it disconnects/reconnects randomly.

johnny15

johnny15

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Did you try another usb slot? or try it to a friend's pc to see if it happens again..
if it does, then it must be the gamepad, if not then it must be your usb