Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Smart Draw doesn't save SDR properly

• Please log in to reply

KalOwns

KalOwns

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Smart draw DOES SAVE an SDR file, but then it won't open it. I have a feeling that the application it self corrupt the file after it saves it, so I think even if it's fixed, the files will stay corrupted, but newer files will be working.

Anyway, here is what the error tells me...

Posted Image

The app it self is saved in drive C, which has 35 GB free space, drive D has more than 500 GB. I tried saving the file in both drives, and nothing seems to work for me

Posted Image

This is how the icon looks like... And if it helps, My operating system is windows 7 - 64 bit. My specs are 8 GB ram, core i7 sandy bridge processor, Nvidia Geforce 550. Right now, I have a temporary solution which is exporting the files as PNG, but the problem is when I want to edit these files, or save them for later use.

Thank you for any kind of help you can provide :)

Advertisements

KalOwns

KalOwns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
BUMP

scottwoodone

scottwoodone

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The problem isn't that the file isn't saved properly. It actually is. Instead of clicking on your saved file to open it (usually double click), open SmartDraw as though you were going to create a new file. Single click "File" then select recent documents, OR "Open" and browse to your file.  I had this same problem happen to me twice and this fixed it both times. Not sure why it happens,

Best regards,

Scott Wood