Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista freezing at Black screen at startup Dell desktop

• Please log in to reply

chris547

chris547

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
My Dell Inspiron Desk top has failed to awaken from hibernate. Unable to get any boot options at startup using F12. Tried my Dell drivers and Utilities CD which has diagnostics on it but can't get it to boot from the CD. F2 does not work either. There seems to be power on switching on and the cursor flashes about 14 times , then I get a single bleep and a Dell Circle on the black screen, The hard disc is spinning and the blue bar on the screen under the word Inspiron sticks halfway along the bar and it all freezes. If I power off I get a single bleep.

I have a laptop so I could download something on the laptop and transfer it to the desk top if thats anhelp.

Can anyone advise please.

Advertisements