Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED INTERNET PLEASE.............

• Please log in to reply

troyboy

troyboy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,
Straight To The Point, My Computer Crashed... I Reformatted, Only Had XP-PRO. Disk And No Others. Needless To Say, My Wireless Mini Card, Sound Card, ethernet card......ETC............ Do Not Work, Because of lack of drivers. All I Need, I Think Is The Wireless Card driver software In order to establish a connection on the internet. Once I Get It On The Internet, The Rest Of the drivers i can manually put on.....

I Tried downloading while on another computer the driver onto a thumbdrive, was able to do so, ran it, but did not work........do i need to burn to disk?????
All I Need, Is to get my wireless card working, and then go to connect to internet to grab all the other drivers.

PLEASE PLEASE HEEEEEEEELP................ THANK YOU :surrender:

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Depending of the brand or model number of your computer you sometimes have more than one option on wireless card drivers.

Supply us with the brand and model of your desktop laptop, if a desktop and no name on it we will need the motherbard name and model, then we can help you find the right drivers.

Certain drivers have an .exe to install the driver while others you need to start windows add new hardware wizard or update the driver from device manager and show Windows manually the location of the driver.

troyboy

troyboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks For The Response Alzeimer.........

I have a DELL VOSTRO 1000, i took apart and found the wireless card and info.( WLAN MINI CARD Rev.A05 DW 1390 ). And Like I Said, once i can get
that card working and on to the internet, i can download all other drivers and applications.

Thanks, troyboy

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
This is the driver I found for your Computer, is it the same one you have

http://supportdell.n...0-winxp-driver/

dell.JPG

Description:

Title: Communications: Dell Wireless Mobile Broadband MiniCard Driver
Version : A00
OEM name : Dell
OEM Version: 2.06.03.51 build 050
Computers : Inspiron: 1420, 1520, 1521, 1720, 1721; Latitude: ATG D630, D420, D430, D531, D620, D620, D630, D631, D820, D830; Precision: M4300, M65; Vostro Notebook: 1000,
1400,1500, 1700; XPS: M1330
OSes : Windows Vista 32-bit Business,Windows Vista 32-bit Home Basic,Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium,Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate,Windows Vista 64-bit Business,
Windows Vista 64-bit Home Basic,Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium,Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate,Windows XP Home Edition,Windows XP Media Center Edition,
Windows XP Professional,Windows XP Professional 64-bit (IA64)
Languages : Danish, English, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
Created : Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Edited by Alzeimer, 17 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Alzeimer, I hope you don`t mind me offering up a tip for troyboy;

troyboy, it is important that you install the drivers using the correct order and procedure otherwise you will have issues, please see the attached link http://support.dell....4&isLegacy=true

My apologies for the interjection.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
phillipower2,

It is never a problem to add useful information to help someone.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:thumbsup: