Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't get into Windows boot menu because of Bios

• Please log in to reply

mandy21

mandy21

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I built my own computer and I have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard with ASUS UEFI BIOS and Windows 7. I was stupid and set my screen resolution too high, so now I have a black screen. The problem is that I can't access the Windows boot options to change to low resolution because the F8 key takes me to the BIOS boot menu (with options to boot from the drive or a disk, and no way that I can see to adjust resolution). The only way I can enter Safe Mode is if I force off the computer, and then the option to go to safe mode pops up automatically. How can I access the Advanced Windows Boot Options if the F8 key is no longer mapped to it?

Advertisements

mandy21

mandy21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i figured it out! there's a short period of time when f8 will take me to windows instead of bios. it was a little frustrating finding it, but i got there.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi mandy21.
Great you sorted the problem.
Thanks for updating and letting us know.