Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Got Babylon redirect problem

• Please log in to reply

happyccl8

happyccl8

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Using Vista and have both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Makes my computer crash quite often as well.

Help!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
See here: Remove Babylon Toolbar (Removal Instructions)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If that doesn't fix the problem, continue in your malware thread please.

http://www.geekstogo...98#entry2229098

This thread will be closed soon.

blindhelpfultech

blindhelpfultech

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Using Vista and have both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Makes my computer crash quite often as well.

Help!

lses

First off before anyone can help you need to be more detailed and second off please create a new topic and do not just reply to someones eles post. I would like to make you aware of the fact the chrashing and redirecting are not the same thing, may I please have more detail? Does both Internet Explor and Crome Crash when you open them or Redirect to another web page? How long has this problem been going on? Has it gotton werse over time?

Before I advise you where to best post, I would like this detail and if you could try to reset IE browsers by doing the following and let me know if that helps.

[code]Link to TechNet MS Fourm as source[/code]

Is browsing always slow in Internet Explorer? Does it frequently freeze or crash? Do you receive error messages that say Internet Explorer has "encountered a problem and has to close"? Or messages that a Visual C++ "runtime error" has occurred in Iexplore.exe?

If this is the case, you might want to try resetting Internet Explorer. When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ins and customizations are deleted. You basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer. This article helps you reset Internet Explorer.

To have us reset Internet Explorer for you, go to the “Reset Internet Explorer for me” section. If you would rather reset Internet Explorer yourself, see how to do it in the "Let me reset Internet Explorer myself" section.
Back to the top | Give Feedback
Reset Internet Explorer for me
To reset Internet Explorer automatically, follow these steps:

Note: This Microsoft Fix it is supported by Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.

Click this button:
Reset Internet Explorer settings
Microsoft Fix it 50195
In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the wizard.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

Click to select the Delete personal settings check box if you also want to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, click Close, and then click Close again.
Close and then start Internet Explorer.

Note This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.

Note If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD. Then, you can run it on the computer that has the problem.

Now go to the "Next steps" section.
Let me reset Internet Explorer myself
If the problem is caused by damaged or incompatible Internet Explorer settings or add-ins, you can usually resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer settings.

To use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps:

Windows 8

Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
More information
Click here to show/hide more information
How the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature works
The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature resets the following settings:
Click here to show/hide solution

User-defined browser settings

These settings include all the customizations that you can make to Internet Explorer by using the Internet Options dialog box. For example, the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature resets security settings, privacy settings, and zone settings for all users on the computer. Any settings that are set by add-ins or toolbars that you downloaded are also reset.

If any settings were created by the OEM before you received the computer, the Restore Internet Explorer Settings feature restores Internet Explorer customizations that were applied by the OEM in the initial package.

Note The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature does not clear the favorites or clear the feeds. The connection settings are also not cleared, because the settings can be used in other programs.
Extensibility

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature disables all toolbars, browser extensions, and customizations that you install. To use any of these disabled customizations, you must selectively enable each customization through the Manage Add-ons dialog box.

Note Some toolbars may require that two or more controls are enabled to work correctly. These toolbars have controls for the corresponding Browser Helper Object and toolbar extensions. You can easily use the Manage Add-ons dialog box to enable any disabled controls that are from a trusted publisher.

For web pages that have ActiveX controls, you must approve running each ActiveX control the first time that you encounter it. After you approve running the control one time, Internet Explorer runs the control automatically any time that you encounter it.
Browsing history

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature deletes temporary Internet files and cookies. It also clears the browsing history, saved form data, saved passwords, and auto-complete data.

Crome:
There is no option to reset using Crome

Please let me know if that helped any with IE and the detail I asked for and I will advise you what you should do from there Before posting the in the malware fourm read this, if that does not help at I am unable to help you remove malware, but I would post the link to this threed and provide the information requested. If you do not hear back in three days follow the information here,