Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help: lsass.exe problem

• Please log in to reply

Promojo

Promojo

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi guys, My windows XP startup problem still persists

I did the XP startup disk thing and did the whole recovery thing with all the files in the windows\system32\config folder and changed it with the repair files. I now managed by doing this to get the computer to not show the following error message anymore: "cannot find C:\windows\system32\config\software.

But the problem now is, that after showing the Windows XP logo at startup for about 10 seconds (giving the impression that it is going to go into windows) the following error message pops up: lsass.exe error - "cant write passwords (or something like that)" and the computer reboots again.

Another thing I must mention, is, when I did the XP startup disk thing, and the Recovery
Console opened, I accidently typed in someting in the blank space when they asked for the administrator password. Now I cannot get past this step even if I reboot, because the password is wrong even if I just press enter (which worked the other times)

Also I cannot access even safe mode or commant prompt

Thanks, looking forward to hear from you

Advertisements