Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alienware M17x R3 Boot problems!

• Please log in to reply

MilesJT

MilesJT

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi, can anyone help me?

I had to re-installed new window, so I lost Factory Reset Point.

After install window, one problem seem to happen sometime.
I can't get my window to start, when I press power button, all the Fx light on keyboard and logo are on but the screen is no power. I have to press power button on/off over and over again for at 5-15 times just to get my window to start.

There is no issue with USB or Battery plugged in, as it would sometime boot to window with just one try.
I notice something, that if I left my laptop over a couple days, when I open it for the first time, it would boot to window right away without any problems.
And if it did boot to widow, there are no errors or crash or bluescreen, everything working fine, and if I turned off, during 5 hours after turning off, I can open my laptop again at anytime with one try if it's under 5-7 hours after turned off from last time. But if I open tomorrow or longer than 10 hours, most of the time, the boot problems occur

And sometime, when I have a really hard time getting it to boot, it will make this beeping noise 8 times-over and over again.
I check online and found out that 8 times is LCD problem.

Can anyone help me???

Advertisements