Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Peripheral Sound

• Please log in to reply

eygnij

eygnij

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a HP Folio 13. Last night, the sound was working fine, but this morning when I woke up, the sound wasn't working anymore. There is no a white "X" within a red dot next to the volume icon in the taskbar (as opposed to the usual "mute" icon and regular icon) and it says that "no speakers or headphones are plugged in" When I run the troubleshoot, it says "The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in. Check the connection. Proceed to next step to finish." However, even if I plug in my headphones, I still hear no sound.

Under the devices installed for playback, only the "bluetooth audio hands-free headphones" work..but I'm pretty sure I had almost 3 playback devices before this started happening.

Are my internal speakers really disconnected?! Which audio devices should I try to manually install?

Thanks

Advertisements