Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc to XBOX transfer

• Please log in to reply

lucien

lucien

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
OK. Im not sure if this is the right place to pst this but i figured i might as well try. All i wanted to know was is it posible to make a pc to xbox music transfer without xbox music mixer? I was going to get it but i hear its worthless. So would i be able to transfer my music from my computer onto my xbox with only a system link cable ?

Thanks

Advertisements

jopiter

jopiter

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Sure, just use FTP after making a network link between the PC and the XBox, for example :

PC Config :

IP address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Xbox Config :

IP address: 192.168.0.3
Gateway: 0.0.0.0

Username: xbox
Password: xbox

In the FTP program use:

IP Address: 192.168.0.3
Site: Xbox
Username: xbox
Password: xbox

lucien

lucien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Is there a chance that i could screw something up with my xbox? and what is FTP? and which one should i use ?

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
uh.. is your xbox modded? I dunno if it'll work without modding it... lemme try right now..

Chumara

Chumara

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
thats a negative your box has to be modded and running an os that supports ftping such as EvoX if you don't play on xbox live and rather backup games to your box and music then mod your box you can find a crap load of info at www.xbox-scene.com

lucien

lucien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
I'm going to soft mod my xbox. Can anyone walk me through the process of transfering some mp3's to my xbox? I am using Flash FXP. I have an xbox system link cable and a the ethernet hookup in back of my pc. Im just wondering how i would go about the whole process. I have never dont it before.I will soon have moded my xbox . It will have the Evolution X dash.

Edited by lucien, 28 July 2005 - 06:12 PM.

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
thot this was ilegal?

Microsoft wouldnt be to happy lol

jus a thot

lucien

lucien

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Yes it is ilegal..so ?This is not a promotion for ilegal activities...hehehe..i just dont care about it bein legal..i wanna know how to do it. But i guess that wouldnt be allowed rite.