Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screensaver issue [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

riojarobin

riojarobin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have used gpedit.msc to enforce password protected screensaver on school PC's which cuts in after 10 minutes of inactivity. Usually this is fine howeve occasionally a class chooses to watch a dvd or other video material and obviously then it's not so clever. Is there any way of retaining the current policy of a screensaver appearing after 10 minutes with an exception that allows video sources to over ride this.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Hello riojarobin,
you don't mention the media player that they are using to play those DVD's, but I recommend that you use the Windows Media Player so that you can control the screen saver with another GPO.
Go back and run gpedit.msc again, and navigate your way to this GPO -
User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Media Player / Playback
There should be a policy in there called Allow Screen Saver. You can edit that policy like you did for the screen saver policy and then set this policy to Disabled.

I think that should make sure the screen saver does not interupt the movie.

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.