Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 won't Boot Corrupt BCD

• Please log in to reply

Kayne Bishop

Kayne Bishop

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello Guys,

I am at my limit because I have tried everything I can think of please help.

When I bought the kit and built my new computer last year, I noticed that Windows 7 didn't like being turned off for any period of time over 5 minutes. Anytime longer and it would BSOD on me. Sometimes it gave me a full coded screen, other times not. Sometimes it would take me to a repair screen, sometimes not. Sometimes it would just boot up (I liked those times best) Every so often, I would have to system restore. It was annoying, but I could not find a fix, and when I did diagnostics on the disk, I was never given any errors on for the Hard drive or anything.

Fast forward to a month ago when My monitor up and died on me. I had to send it to be repaired. This meant that I had to turn the hard drive off. I hooked it up today and it decided not to work. I tried system restore and the system repair and they have been useless. I contineu to get the following message upon every boot up now

"The Windows boot configuration data (BCD) store file contains some invalid information
Object guid:{94cd30bc-8111-11e0-83cc-aa05225ba48d6
Description: Windows 7
Info: the configuration for the element within the object is invalid in the boot configuration data store

the Associated windows boot loader may not be available for selection until the problem is rectified by an administrator."

Now as stated, I tried the system diagnostic, startup repair and even the system restore. No dice. I opened the command line and tried to rebuild and export the BCD. nothing works and i am frustrated now

what else is there cause i can't afford another new computer.

Thank you for any help. Please

again, thanks

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Is the date and time always correct? Boot to BIOS Setup and check it. Maybe the CMOS battery is defective and the computer is losing it's configuration data. Try replacing it, setup BIOS again and see what happens.

Does the computer have a BIOS or UEFI?
How many drives? Are they setup as RAID? Is the BIOS/UEFI setup for RAID? If so try AHCI and see what happens.

If no help then I would try a different hard drive, even though diagnostics do not find any problem.

Kayne Bishop

Kayne Bishop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Is the date and time always correct? Boot to BIOS Setup and check it. Maybe the CMOS battery is defective and the computer is losing it's configuration data. Try replacing it, setup BIOS again and see what happens.

Does the computer have a BIOS or UEFI?
How many drives? Are they setup as RAID? Is the BIOS/UEFI setup for RAID? If so try AHCI and see what happens.

If no help then I would try a different hard drive, even though diagnostics do not find any problem.

The Time and date are correct. I till try to find a new CMOS Battery, though, The motherboard is just a year old. I know it's BIOS i am sure the drives are RAID I have 2 dvd drives and 1 Hard drive. Nothing seems to be working so far.