Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited Connectivity on windows 8 - belkin wireless n150 usb adapter

• Please log in to reply

mzakir

mzakir

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Computer shows Limited connectivity, and in addition sometimes internet is working at extremely slow speeds compared to normal, and most of the times internet does not work. Please help .

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Make and model of computer? Patch level of Win8. Patch level of the wireless driver? Last, is the wireless router/network behaving properly for other machines?

mzakir

mzakir

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
PC is assembled. Windows is activated. Internet and wifi works fine with other pc's.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
Is this an upgrade from Windows 7? If so, was everything fine prior to the upgrade?

I'd be inclined to look at driver incompatibility since you at least get "some" connectivity. Go to Control Panel, System and Security, System, System Properties, Hardware, Device Manager. You're looking for entries with Yellow Question marks. If you find something, then update the driver. Even if you don't see a Question Mark, check to be sure the wireless driver (under Network Adapters) is current.

If anyone else wants to weigh in, please do!

TheHarleygirl2005

TheHarleygirl2005

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I purchased a new computer and set up my wireless internet but Windows 8 kept kicking me off completely or saying I had limited connection with no internet. Here is how I fixed my problem, maybe it will work for you.

Go to Control Panel
Select Network and Internet
Select Network and Sharing Center
Select your WiFi carrier (next to "Connections:" mine was listed in blue)
Select Properties tab (near bottom)
Select Configure tab (close to top right side)
Select the Power Management tab
Uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Select OK
Select Close
Close the control panel.