Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - ntoskrnl apparently causing it?

• Please log in to reply

JMEW

JMEW

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I searched for this and it seems it has been asked about a lot before, but the fix seems to differ, so I thought I better start a new topic. I did all the things requested of previous users and have attached the info obtained, hope this is what you need!

My computer is a Dell Vostro 3550, Intel Core i3, running Windows 7 Home Premium, I think 64 bit. The BSOD seems to happen if I leave the computer idle and instead of going to screen saver or sleeping like it does most of the time, intermittently it BSOD's. I use Microsoft Security Essentials package for anti-virus and I think I may have had McAfee on it in the past for a short period (the factory installed trial version I think).

I have attached the text files from BlueScreenView, CCleaner, MSCONFIG (Services) and MiniToolBox.

Hope you can help!

Attached Files

Advertisements