Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Library Empty / Data on Second Drive

• Please log in to reply

Day_late

Day_late

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'm trying to set my Win 7 computer up with OS/programs on a SSD (C:) and data on a hard drive (D:). I've put my data files on the D: drive. When I select a library in the Start menu, it opens an empty folder on the C: drive rather than looking at the occupied folder of the same name on the D: drive. How do I make it look in the right place?

Thanks,
Warren

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What folders did you move and how did you move them?

Day_late

Day_late

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I moved my photos, documents and music. I think it was just click and drag to copy to the D: drive, and after verifying that they were on the D: drive I deleted them from the C: drive. What happened is that when I clicked on one of the libraries, Windows kept looking on the C: drive.

I did finally figure out how to do what I wanted. You click on a library, then click on the area at the top of the right frame that says "includes X locations". That takes you to a dialog box where you can add or remove locations. After I removed the locations on C:, a click on a library takes me to the correct folder on D:.

So, no further assistance needed. :happy:

Thanks,
Warren