Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow/Freezing computer (Windows Vista)

• Please log in to reply

Cearshafire

Cearshafire

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Not sure if this is the proper place to start with this issue or not -
Inherited this Acer Aspire, Dual core processor with 1 GB of Ram. Very slow to boot, seems to have a lot of duplicate DLLs running in task manager, runs very slow, hangs and sometimes freezes with minimal activity going on. I have AVAST as my antivirus and it updates every time I turn it on - also all Windows updates are current. Have run Housecall's online scanner which found nothing unusual. Not sure where to go from here, any and all help appreciated!

Edited by Cearshafire, 23 November 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
:welcome:

Perhaps you should get your machine checked for malware here is the link to create a new thread there.
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

If you still have issues after you are cleared by the malware team then come back here and I gladly assist. :thumbsup:

Cearshafire

Cearshafire

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thank you! Will do!