Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

James Bond bluray set (22 movies)

• Please log in to reply

Wolfie

Wolfie

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Okay not really a tech deal, unless you count all of the gadgets that Bond gets to use throughout the movies.

"Bond 50: The Complete 22-Film Collection" on Blu-ray for $100 (list price of $300).

http://www.amazon.co...cs_top_nav_gb27

I think it's only good for today so grab it quick.

Edit:
Nevermind, already sold out. (I got in on the deal thankfully.)

Edited by Wolfie, 24 November 2012 - 04:46 PM.

Advertisements

Wolfie

Wolfie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
It's up for sale again. Until Feb 16th, you can get it for $130 ($129.99) and it includes free super-saver shipping.
http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B006U1J5ZY

Wolfie

Wolfie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Although its really a good deal, but these days, mostly people will prefer to download movies online through uTorrent or any other movie website instead of spending $130/-..

Sure they can do that but then they not only run the risk of getting into legal trouble but also they miss out on a great bargain and all the extras that come with it. Logically it's a great deal. With 22 movies, at $130 total, that's under $6 per movie, and on bluray (not DVD). Considering how popular the Bond series is, $10/movie is a rather decent deal as it is. Not trying to convince you to buy it or anything like that, just pointing out that it's a good deal and to go downloading the movies if you can afford the $130 is actually ripping yourself off.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
As Wolfie has pointed out, it's illegal to download movies through uTorrent or other means free of charge, and suggesting that people should do so is against our terms of use, which you agreed to when you joined this site:

• The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.
  • We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Wolfie

Wolfie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

and suggesting that people should do so is against our terms of use

In all fairness, I don't think he was suggesting or endorsing it, but merely mentioning it. (Which from what you quoted, appears to still be against the rules, but just wanted to make the observation on his wording.)

Edited by Wolfie, 13 February 2013 - 07:36 AM.

williambjacobs

williambjacobs

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Some people still do refer to have an original copy with the casing and all, adds nostalgia. I think its a good deal and had it not been sold out, I would have been all over it.

Wolfie

Wolfie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Some people still do refer to have an original copy with the casing and all, adds nostalgia. I think its a good deal and had it not been sold out, I would have been all over it.

Even though the sale for $129.99 already passed, it's still on sale for $149.99 (50% off). Still not a bad deal and it's showing as being in stock at the moment.

williambjacobs

williambjacobs

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Even though the sale for $129.99 already passed, it's still on sale for $149.99 (50% off). Still not a bad deal and it's showing as being in stock at the moment.

Oh, awesome. Thanks. Time to celebrate 50 years of Bond movies!

Wolfie

Wolfie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Oh, awesome. Thanks. Time to celebrate 50 years of Bond movies!

When you do, make sure you look on the Live & Let Die bluray, there's a small part James Bond parody from an episode of 'Mainly Millicent' that aired in 1964. Moore played the parody role of Bond, eight years before he took on the official role.

Wolfie

Wolfie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006U1J5ZY

On sale for $109.99 (includes free shipping). Not sure how long it'll be on sale for.