Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP freezes after coming back from standby.

• Please log in to reply

axeman61

axeman61

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
As a frequent user of standby mode, this is making me mad. Around a month ago, my system started to freeze after coming back from standby mode. Some times, it freezes the second time I come back from standby, but the freeze is inevitable. I have no clue what to make of this.

Computer Info:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3062 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 35055 MB, Free - 6479 MB; D: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 137525 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0M3918, , ..CN708214B5049M.
Antivirus: Avira Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Are there any dumps in C:\Windows\minidump?

If so, zip up the newest 5, upload and attach the zip file here.

axeman61

axeman61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Don't know if they'll be of any help; I checked that folder and the only 4 files were from July. This problem started WAY after July.

Edited by axeman61, 25 November 2012 - 11:02 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Too bad, that would have helped. Can you think of anything you did around the time this started? Updated a device driver, installed new hardware/software?

axeman61

axeman61

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Too bad, that would have helped. Can you think of anything you did around the time this started? Updated a device driver, installed new hardware/software?

I don't think I've updated any drivers. I've uninstalled the latest two programs I added to the computer (gimp and paint.net). I had false hope when I came back from standby 3 times with no freeze, but the freeze came back. I've taken so long to come back to this thread because I was trying to pin down some kind of cause for the freeze. Nothing so far, though.

Edited by axeman61, 28 November 2012 - 08:09 PM.